Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 2 months Contract to hire
Network & Systems Administrator
The Network & Systems Administrator is responsible for planning, design, provision, install/configure, operate, and maintain network, server and storage systems hardware and software infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to assist with continuing innovation within infrastructure. Leads efforts to ensure the network and server system hardware, operating systems, software systems and all related implementation, maintenance and operations procedures comply with the organizational standards and policies.
This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Will document, manage, and maintain the company's environment for both internal and external server infrastructures, as well as assist with design and implementation of upgrades and new implementations.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Design, configure, test and maintain computer & networking hardware & software..
- Diagnose hardware and software failures and remediate identified problems.
- Perform file system configuration and management; configure, administer/perform, monitor and test data back-ups.
- Proactively analyze system logs to identify potential issues.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) as well as apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration, to ensure all systems are current, secure and accurate.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- As required, install and configure new hardware and software.
- Provide level 3 support, answer technical inquiries and assist users; troubleshoot, report and escalate problems as needed.
- Complete and maintain documentation of all system configurations.
- Maintain the integrity of the network, servers and storage, ensure they are as secure, reliable and operating properly.
- Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware and software requirements associated with any changes.
- Monitor performance of computer systems and networks in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made and determine where future changes will be required (includes security).
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for configuration changes, upgrades, repair and/or replacement.
- Maintain logs related to network operations as well as maintenance, change and repair records.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related field or equivalent education and experience.
At least five years of recent relevant database administration experience, with a progression in responsibility.
Track record of a successful leadership of projects and operations in an enterprise IT organization.
Demonstrated leadership and project and personnel management skills.
- Self-managed, making and keeping commitments and meeting deadlines.
- Results oriented approach with an eye toward "getting the details right .
- A willingness to develop new technologies and curiosity to learn new ones. A quick and adaptive learner who will develop expertise with SOS enterprise applications/databases.
- Windows OS (2003-2008 R2), Exchange Server, MS SQL Server, AD Design, VMware virtualization.
- Networking Experience Configuration of Cisco switches/firewalls/network equipment. Familiarity with Client and HP switches a plus.
- Familiarity with SAN storage administration in a Windows Server environment.
- Demonstrated experience installing, upgrading and configuring applications within a Microsoft Server environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise discretion, and use independent judgment.
- Strong communications skills.
Software Transformation Inc.,